Discover where the Canberra locals go for an amazing coastal escape, some of the best beaches in the world are just a two hour drive from Australia’s capital and showcased in this day tour that includes kayaking and a chance to see the surfing Kangaroos.
- See the farmland and historical town of Braidwood
- Meet your kayak guides, for an amazing tour of the bay and Oyster Industry
- Spot lyre birds and tree ferns as you drive down the mountain to the beach
- Be shown the best cafes and restaurants for lunch
- Meet the wildlife and the famous Kangaroos
- Drive through a coastal rainforest to Pebbly beach
- Enjoy a relaxed and comfortable transfer from and to your hotel
Begin your tour with Canberra hotel pick-up at 7:00. In a comfortable vehicle, travel through farmland and pastoral properties before reaching the historical town of Braidwood. Get out to stretch your legs and continue on through the temperate forest and down Clyde Mountain. Keep an eye out for lyre birds and tree ferns all the way to Batemans Bay, the gateway to the Eurobodalla Coast. This journey takes about two hours.
Here, meet your kayaking instructors who will help you explore the pristine waters of Cullendulla Sanctuary in stable, glass bottom kayaks. From your kayak, spot stingrays on the sand flats and fish in the mangroves. The area is rich with wildlife and indigenous history. Your two hour kayak adventure includes snacks, photos, and all equipment.
At 12:00, hop in the shuttle to transfer to the town of Batemans Bay, where your guides will share their advice on what restaurants and cafes you can enjoy during your free time. Enjoy an hour to dine or explore. Afterwards, drive through Murramarang National Park on your way to Pebbly Beach, most famous for kangaroos lazing in the sand. Relax in the afternoon on the beach before you return back to your hotel in Canberra at about 17:30.