Visit Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park with opportunities to enjoy the local seafood, wine and history along the way.
- Explore Freycinet National Park for over 4 hours
- Enjoy a moderate 45-minute walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout
- Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park, Honeymoon Bay and Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the easy 20-minute Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk
- Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
- Reward yourself with local hand-crafted ice cream or a famous Tasmanian Scallop Pie at the end of the day
- Visit the historic town of Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail
- Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
Depart Launceston ready for an action-packed day out exploring Wineglass Bay, Freycinet National Park and the delights and highlights along the way.
Your drive this morning takes you through the well-preserved Georgian townships of Evandale and Campbell Town. Make a short stop in Campbell Town where you can collect some lunch to take along for the day ahead. You will have time to discover the Convict Brick Trail that extends through the town, visit the Red Bridge, and check out the tree sculptures depicting the history of the town.After a brief stop in Campbell Town travel to the East Coast, where you catch an amazing view of the area at the Great Oyster Bay Lookout and an opportunity to purchase some fresh oysters plucked from the beautiful surrounding waters.
Once inside Freycinet National Park begin a series of walks and exploration of the area. Walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, a moderate uphill walk of around 45 – 60 minutes. Here the views make the walk well worth the effort!
For the keen walkers, you can continue the walk down to Wineglass Bay beach (2.5 hour return walking time). Once on the beach you have time to take a swim, relax, eat your lunch or meander along the white sands. Or, if you prefer to select the shorter walking option, you can explore other areas of Freycinet with your tour guide. Visit Honeymoon Bay and the Cape Tourville Lighthouse “Great Short Walk”.
Still on the east coast, you will make a final stop for the day, where you can refresh and refuel in a friendly and relaxed location. Try the local hand-crafted ice creams or perhaps a famous Tasmanian scallop pie! Then it’s onwards into Launceston returning around 6:30 PM.