As darkness falls upon the Historic Site of Port Arthur, undertake a tour full of mystery and intrigue. Discover how Port Arthur transitions into a haunting place after sunset on this 90 minute lantern-lit ghost tour.
- Experience a 90 minute ghost tour of Port Arthur Historic Site
- Discover one of Australia’s most haunted locations by lantern light
- Hear haunted tales dating back over 25 years
- Receive a Certificate of Bravery and Courage at the end of your tour
- Enjoy a spooky atmosphere and exclusive access to sites after hours
As the sun sets and the grounds of Port Arthur Historic Site go dark, you will launch into an exciting 90 minute, lantern-lit ghost tour. Follow your expert guide through some of Port Arthur’s more infamous buildings and ruins and hear vivid stories of unexplained events that have baffled and alarmed convicts, free settlers, soldiers and visitors.
More than 1000 people died at Port Arthur during its 47-year history as a penal settlement and some people say that the souls of the departed have never left. Documented ghost stories have been associated with Port Arthur since 1870, adding to Port Arthur’s haunted reputation with people’s personal accounts of paranormal activity.
As the lantern light guides you through the darkness and strange stories unfold, you will discover Port Arthur’s secrets and decide for yourself if the tales are true.