Enjoy Taronga Zoo with a full-day ticket. The zoo is an icon of Sydney nestled on the shores of the world’s most beautiful harbors. See almost 4,000 animals including many native Australian animals, exotic species, and 20 daily shows and keeper talks.
- Explore 9 different trails including the Australian Walkabout, Kids’ Trail, Reptile World and Big Cats’ Trail
- Enjoy a half or full-day at Taronga Zoo and take in the large variety of endangered animals on display
- Take in stunning views of Sydney Harbour, the Sydney Opera House, and Sydney Harbour Bridge from the many trails and picnic areas within Taronga Zoo
- Get up-close at Taronga with koalas, giraffes, reptiles, and owls
- Visit the Taronga Zoo, an award-winning Sydney attraction open 365 days a year
Overlooking magnificent Sydney Harbour, Taronga Zoo is just 12 minutes by ferry from Circular Quay and offers amazing wildlife experiences with stunning harbor views. Nestled on the shores of the world’s most beautiful harbor, Taronga Zoo is surrounded by lush bushland of Bradley’s Head National Park, popular for early morning walks. Ferries depart from Circular Quay every 30 minutes.
Taronga Zoo is open daily, 365 days a year. Opening hours between October and March are 9:30 to 17:00; and between April and September from 9:30 to 16:30. The Zoo has many popular trails to explore including the Australian Walkabout, Kids’ Trail, Reptile World, African Safari, Big Cats’ Trail, Rainforest Trail, Seal Walk with attached Seal Show Theatre and the iconic must-see Free Flight Bird Show. Zoo entry includes daily keeper talks and presentations, daily shows, and access to the Sky Safari cable car.
The many exhibits in Taronga Zoo can be reached by footpaths, ramps, lifts and escalators. 90% of Taronga Zoo is fully accessible. Strollers can be hired from the Visitor Information Desk in the main entrance at a small fee and manual wheelchairs can be rented for free and should be booked in advance.