Internationally-acclaimed artist Bruce Munro’s Field of Light, inspired by a trip to Uluru 24 years ago, is installed in a remote desert area within sight of majestic Uluru. It’s the largest Field of Light installation to date, so come take in the beauty!
- Take in the beautiful installation for a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- Learn about the field of light through an informative introduction from your guide on a private dune
- Wander through the paths within the 50,000 handcrafted, frosted glass spheres
- Enjoy a warming coffee, tea or hot chocolate with snacks as dawn creeps across the plains
- Watch the majestic sunrise over Uluru as the colors in the sky and of the rock change before your eyes
Rise early to travel the short distance to a desert location overlooking Uluru. Your driver/guide will provide insights and the background to the art installation.
Under the cover of darkness, wander through the pathways that encompass the 50,000 spheres of light in the desert, before making your way up the hill to the Dune Top viewing area. Watch the amazing transformation of colours and life as the desert awakens, while enjoying tea, coffee or hot chocolate. Then as the first rays of sunlight creep across the desert sky, gaze in awe as the sun rises in the distance behind Uluru, flooding the landscape, including Kata Tjuta behind you, with light.
You’ll have an incredible view through stunning desert landscape as the sun rises over the Red Centre. As the natural light brightens the landscape, the Field of Light will dim for the day. Capture some amazing photos from this unique raised location, which allows you to view both Uluru and Kata Tjuta in all their natural glory.